DIY- on a budget - (DO IT YOURSELF!)




Project:


Build a Patio Box



This project has been brought to you by: Goellner, member of eHow.com



Things You'll Need:


1. scrap wood


2. scrap screws


3. some left over paints from friends


4. some free soil


5. saw to cut the wood



What To Do:


The first thing to do is to gather the supplies. I got my free scrap wood from a construction site down the street from me. I simply asked to dig around in the scrap pile and take a few pieces. I found two pieces 24 in. long and two more 10 in. long. (I took my measuring tape with me, by finding the sizing I needed no sawing was needed!) Then I found one long piece for the bottom.



Next I asked the same construction workers if they had about 20 screws to spare and they gladly handed me about 30. I asked to use their power screw driver, and quickly build the box right in from of them. All for free with no tools of my own. They thought this was a fun thing to see.


I took it home with me and found some left over paints that I had used with the kids. They helped paint the garden box and used their finger prints to create the watermelon look. Still all for free.



Then I went out to a nice spot in forest with lots of free compost under some trees, I filled up a trash bag with some of this compost and mixed it with some soil from my yard. Free organic gardening soil. I planted a few seeds and I had a beautiful garden in about a week, eating the veggies in about 60 days.



As seen in the April Issue of MSM


Copyright © Main Street Magazine


Canadian ISSN: 1920-4299



If you would like to find out how to receive your FREE copy of MSM go to www.mainstreetmagazine.net